Senior Accountant | Full-Remote, Night-Shift | Up to PHP70K
GoTeam is currently seeking a well-qualified Senior Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting Department and contribute to the company’s positive growth. This position will be reporting to the Assistant Controller, and will play a vital role in financial management and analysis, ensuring accurate recording of transactions, reconciliations, and contributing to various accounting processes.
Your client is a specialized semi-trailer solutions provider founded in 1997 in Salt Lake City, Utah. They offer new and used trailer services including sales, leasing, rental, repair and maintenance, and parts from ten dealerships in eight states throughout the West, Southwest, and Midwest. They are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and providing in-house financing options to meet their clients’ diverse needs.
In this position, you will be:
- Preparing and recording daily and monthly entries, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Reconciling, researching, and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Managing the month-end close process and complete the majority of closing entries.
- Actively contributing to the year-end closing by recording journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Taking responsibility for inventory reconciliation, including associated entries.
- Performing fixed and working asset reconciliations and update related entries.
- Assisting with budgeting and financial analysis tasks.
- Compiling the bi-monthly commission calculation workbook and generate individual commission reports.
- Working on special projects and perform analysis, and executing additional responsibilities as assigned
- Managing bank and year-end audits by coordinating with the team, pulling selections, and reviewing workbooks.
- Compiling existing key performance indicators (KPIs) for month-end close purposes.
- Protecting the organization’s value by maintaining confidentiality of information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting experience, with a strong foundation in accounting principles and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their practical application.
- Proven experience in effectively managing inventory and/or fixed assets.
- Exposure to budgeting and financial analysis, and the ability to interpret data accurately.
- Highly organized and adaptable, capable of thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP), adept at leveraging technology for efficient data gathering, and accurate reporting tasks.
- Experience working with multiple systems (both automated and manual) coupled with proficient in critical thinking and data validation techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, partnered with strong interpersonal skills for a collaborative relationship with internal and external customers.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and effective task prioritization.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and accountable for delivering high-quality results.
- Effective team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Company-provided laptop and an extra monitor for enhanced productivity and convenience.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training.
- Your copy of “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute, Masterclass and GoTeam Cares program to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- Get HMO coverage from day one for you and a dependent, with P200K coverage, private room benefits, and P10K medication reimbursement for both. Extend this healthcare opportunity to up to four additional dependents, including your common law partner.
- 24/7 access to counseling support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), helping you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage.
- Leave policy granting 10 days of annual leave, increasing to 15 days after one year.
- Welcome gift on your first day.
- Monthly Discover You lunch featuring CEO presentations, leadership training, and Values Awards.
- Monthly gratitude celebrations and prizes, including Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, and Acoustic Nights.
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations.
- Earn up to P10K employee referral bonus and a chance to win a trip for two (2) to Bali, Indonesia.
Your Family’s Benefits:
- 24/7 access to confidential counseling support for mental health for four family members through our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Preventive Care: Health Education Counseling on diet or exercise, periodic monitoring of health problems, family planning counseling, four (4) wellness sessions, 5 sessions of Mindcare Counseling per member per year with ₱5,000 reimbursement once the 5 sessions are fully consumed.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for four family members as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for four family members.
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events, with opportunities to win prizes.
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up to date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.