Ruby on Rails Developer | Full-Remote, Night-Shift | Up to PHP80K
GoTeam is seeking a skilled and experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will play a key role in building and enhancing our core software applications, ensuring their performance, scalability, and customer-centric design. If you are passionate about web development, possess strong problem-solving skills, and thrive in a collaborative environment, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Your client is a free cost-savings automation and analytics platform that helps businesses control and reduce shipping expenses. The platform analyzes historical shipping data, identifies costly shipping inefficiencies, and supports the resolution of those issues.
In this position, you will be:
- Building out new analytics and features for our core software applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Identifying and fixing bugs and proactively seek opportunities to improve performance and scalability.
- Designing robust, customer-centric software solutions that align with business requirements.
- Participating actively in standup meetings, planning sessions, retrospective meetings, and other team coordination and improvement meetings.
- Conducting thorough testing, including unit and integration tests, to ensure the quality and stability of the software.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software defects and production issues in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with web-based programming languages such as Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails framework.
- Strong proficiency in working with relational databases like Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests to ensure software quality and maintainability.
- Familiarity with Git version control and its usage in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.
- Knowledge and expertise in designing RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles and design patterns.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent also kick in on Day 1.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up to date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.