Internal Auditor | Hybrid, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP60K
GoTeam is currently hiring an Internal Auditor who will be responsible for monitoring the company’s financial position and overseeing cashflow-related matters. This role also involves recording payments and ensuring that the company’s finances are in good standing.
As a managed operations company, we offer offshore employees to clients in various countries, including Australia, NZ, Singapore, and the US. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and professional team environment with excellent benefits for our employees.
We are currently expanding our team and if you believe that this position aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to join us!
In this position, you will be:
- Collecting, verifying, and analyzing data from spreadsheets.
- Examining the financial control systems and accounts of the company.
- Assessing the financial risk levels of the organization
- Overseeing risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Document Management & Disputes Handling
- Verifying the accuracy and reliability of financial reports and records to ensure data integrity.
- Protecting the company’s assets by implementing controls and risk management measures such as segregation of duties and asset safeguarding.
- Identifying areas where processes are not working as expected and providing recommendations for improvements to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control system.
- Preparing reports, commentaries, and financial statements that accurately reflect the financial status of the organization and presenting them to senior management for review.
- Implementing best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements, such as auditing standards, codes of conduct, and regulatory requirements.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in the industry and providing recommendations on how to improve the company’s audit practices to achieve better results.
- Other Tasks
- Acting as a liaison between the audit team and the managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations to ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensuring that procedures, policies, legislation, and regulations are correctly followed and complied with to mitigate risks and promote compliance.
- Conducting reviews of wages and compensation to ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Compiling and implementing the annual Internal Audit plan to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Conducting ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks to prevent potential losses and safeguard company assets.
- Overseeing and supervising planned annual audits to ensure that audit objectives are met, and audit findings are accurately reported to senior management.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in internal auditing, financial accounting, or financial management
- Minimum of two years of work experience in an internal audit environment and a working knowledge of internal controls, risk assessment, and audit methodologies
- Two years of fraud auditing experience to identify fraudulent activities and implement fraud prevention strategies
- Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors to demonstrate proficiency in Internal auditing standards and code of ethics
- Exceptional accounting skills to understand and analyze financial statements, evaluate financial risks, and ensure financial accuracy
- Proficiency in data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills are essential in preparing audit reports and interacting with stakeholders
- Enjoy a flexible work arrangement, a laptop is provided to enable you to work from either home or the office with a dual monitor at both locations.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.