Corporate Controller | Full-Remote, Night-Shift | Up to PHP120K
GoTeam is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Corporate Controller to manage all accounting operations. The ideal candidate should be a team player who has excellent project management and communication skills, a sense of customer care, and an eye for quality. The Corporate Controller will primarily oversee the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting operations with a focus on financial performance, accountability, financial analysis, corporate compliance, reporting, and internal controls. This role also includes international oversight of accounting functions.
The client for this role aims to simplify traditionally complex aspects of real estate investing, such as taxation, operations, and legal issues, to provide a simple solution to their clients to enjoy the benefits of passive income. You will be working with a team of experienced professionals helping investors achieve high-yield returns in U.S. real estate investment in an easy and straightforward manner.
In this position, you will be:
- Establishing, monitoring, and enforcing financial policies and procedures to guide financial decisions
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly/quarterly/yearly financial packages for management, lenders, and investors
- Analyzing and modifying financial reports as needed to provide insights on the company’s financial performance
- Creating and updating monthly schedules that support the balance sheet and certain line items in the income statement
- Overseeing and working with multiple property management companies to ensure accurate and timely financials are delivered monthly
- Continuously improving the efficiency of the accounting recordation process and monthly closing process
- Adjusting journal entries and balancing inter-company transactions to ensure accurate and consistent financial reporting
- Reviewing, reconciling, and tracking investor payments to ensure timely and accurate distribution of funds
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures to ensure consistent and efficient financial processes
- Supervising and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of bank reconciliations for financial transactions recording
- Preparing financial management reports and assisting Property Managers for monthly meetings with the executives
- Addressing tax notices and ensure compliance with tax regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned by the management team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is strongly preferred.
- Preferably with 3+ years of experience in a Controller role.
- With 3+ years of experience in property management accounting/bookkeeping.
- Proficiency in data/bill pay entry and cut off concepts.
- Experience using Microsoft Applications with strong Excel skills is preferred.
- Familiarity with Appfolio is preferred but not required.
- Positive and friendly attitude, with a strong focus on customer service.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen attention to detail and a drive for process improvement.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and think creatively to solve problems.
- Company-provided laptop and an extra monitor for enhanced productivity and convenience.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training.
- Your copy of “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute, Masterclass and GoTeam Cares program to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- Get HMO coverage from day one for you and a dependent, with P200K coverage, private room benefits, and P10K medication reimbursement for both. Extend this healthcare opportunity to up to four additional dependents, including your common law partner.
- 24/7 access to counseling support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), helping you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage.
- Leave policy granting 10 days of annual leave, increasing to 15 days after one year.
- Welcome gift on your first day.
- Monthly Discover You lunch featuring CEO presentations, leadership training, and Values Awards.
- Monthly gratitude celebrations and prizes, including Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, and Acoustic Nights.
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations.
- Earn up to P10K employee referral bonus and a chance to win a trip for two (2) to Bali, Indonesia.
Your Family’s Benefits:
- 24/7 access to confidential counseling support for mental health for four family members through our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Preventive Care: Health Education Counseling on diet or exercise, periodic monitoring of health problems, family planning counseling, four (4) wellness sessions, 5 sessions of Mindcare Counseling per member per year with ₱5,000 reimbursement once the 5 sessions are fully consumed.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for four family members as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for four family members.
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events, with opportunities to win prizes.
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid arrangement, should any recurring issues arise, i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work at the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.