QA Engineer | Hybrid, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP45K
GoTeam is seeking a QA Engineer who collaborates with different teams to ensure that software meets user and business needs, participates in Agile and Scrum ceremonies, improves testing procedures, and automates tests to boost efficiency. It’s also important for the QA Engineer to stay updated with industry practices and tools. Additionally, they must demonstrate a strong commitment to the organization’s core values and frameworks.
We provide our clients based in Australia, NZ, Singapore, and the US, among others, with offshore employees. We are a managed operations company. With us, you will enjoy a friendly professional team environment with lots of great benefits. We are known for our kind and caring culture.
In this position, you will be:
- Conducting thorough manual testing of software applications and systems while focusing on continuous improvement
- Developing and executing test plans, test cases, and test scripts that are aligned with our core values
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting defects and issues in a way that fosters an environment of trust and continuous improvement
- Participating in Agile and Scrum ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives, while practicing the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People framework
- Continuously improving testing processes and procedures to optimize efficiency and effectiveness, while focusing on our core values of Drive, Discover, Execute, and Find-a-way
- Helping automate tests where possible to increase efficiency and coverage, while focusing on our core value of Drive
- Staying up-to-date with industry best practices and advancements in testing methodologies and tools
Skills and Experience:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in manual testing, demonstrating the values of CARE and Drive in your work
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools such as Selenium, JUnit, or similar, with a commitment to Discovering new and innovative solutions
- Experience working in an Agile and Scrum environment, with a track record of successful Execution and a Find-a-way attitude toward challenges and opportunities
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills, embodying Humility in your interactions with others
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools such as Jira or Birds Eats Bugs and a commitment to using these tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field is preferred, and a commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
If you are passionate about software quality and align with our core values, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Enjoy a flexible work arrangement, a laptop is provided to enable you to work from either home or the office with a dual monitor at both locations.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid (work-from-home and office) arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.