Student Support Officer | Hybrid, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP35K
GoTeam is seeking a competent Student Support Officer. The role involves managing student records and enrolments in the student and learning management systems by performing tasks to assist in the ongoing support and retention of students.
Your client finds the best green beauty brands so that their customers get only the safest, cruelty-free, and exceptional skin care, cosmetics, health supplements, and other consumer goods. They provide a platform for green beauty enthusiasts to have fun and get to know an incredible new generation of makers in the beauty industry.
In this position, you will be:
- Sending all qualification students a welcome email within 24-48 hours of enrolment.
- Arranging for a study plan to be sent to the students within 24-48 hours of enrolment.
- Undertaking initial welcome calls to students as per school policies and procedures.
- Inducting students in the use of the school’s learning systems.
- Encouraging students to attend an academic orientation with their trainer and assessor.
- Ensuring service level standards are met or exceeded.
- Responding to student inquiries through the VET case queue system within the agreed SLA.
- Handling incoming and outgoing calls in a professional and friendly manner and in line with school policies and procedures.
- Providing timely, accurate, and consistent information to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with students to improve student engagement.
- Working closely with the academic team to increase student retention and completion rates by ensuring the needs of students are met.
- Working collaboratively and proactively with other departments to ensure student requests are responded to promptly, manage workflow, solve problems and deliver effective customer service.
- Conducting a thorough analysis of students’ enrolment history via Salesforce and Moodle before formulating responses or advising students.
- Using Salesforce to log sent and received communication, manage cases, update student details, and other ongoing activities.
- Attaching all relevant documentation to a student’s record, such as extension and deferral forms, evidence of special circumstances, etc.
- Manipulating data in Salesforce to flow through and assist students with administrative tasks such as password resets, course access, and unit enrolments.
- Ensuring accurate and timely entry of all data relating to student administration, course information, and customer inquiries to ensure the integrity of information retained for reporting, analysis, and governance requirements
- Running welcome report daily to capture all newly enrolled students 24 hours prior.
- Running deferral end date report weekly and re-instate students whose deferral period has ended.
- Contributing to a productive working environment through constructive, appropriate, and timely communication with the team and other departments.
- Participating in initiatives, team meetings, and team development activities.
- Collaborating with the technical support team to improve student support processes and procedures.
- Building soft skills via professional development training.
- Processing extensions, deferrals, transitions, withdrawals, and other administrative functions related to student enrolments.
- As a student support officer, you must ensure your work practices comply with policies and procedures and ensure a safe, healthy, and inclusive work environment.
Some nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including liaising and negotiating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong customer service skills and student focus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in student management systems, learning management systems, and Microsoft Office
- 2+ years experience in a customer service role.
- Education industry experience is desired but not essential.
- Preferred a Bachelor’s Degree graduate
- Must be proactive, has strong communication skills
- Preferred to have database experience
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid (home and office) arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e. internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.