Senior Software Engineer | Work from Home, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP 150K
GoTeam is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. The Senior Software Engineer will develop information systems by designing, developing, and deploying software solutions. The Senior Software Engineer will support junior members of the team of developers.
You will be working with an investigation management platform that significantly improves the quality and efficiency of your agency’s investigations compared with traditional case management systems. We’ve already facilitated over 300,000 investigations worldwide.
In this position, you will be:
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in a professional organization
- Protecting operations by keeping information confidential
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Supporting and developing software engineers by providing advice and coaching for junior team members
- Collaborating with the team to brainstorm and create new products
- Making informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Being a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remaining cool and effective in a crisis
- Staying on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understanding business needs and knowing how to create the tools to manage them.
Some nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a senior software engineer
- Graduate degree in software engineering or another appropriate field of study
- Strong OOP and modeling skills
- Experience in writing automated Unit Tests and Functional Tests
- Experience coding, testing, and documenting systems and procedures, including RESTful APIs and automation pipelines
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building complex web systems using distributed, event-driven architectures that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience with software support and troubleshooting
- Experience implementing and consuming largescale web services
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies with a growth mindset.
- Strong enterprise Architectural skills
- Quality coding for unit testing and initial automation test scripts
- Analyze and understand existing code from the legacy code
- Mature, autonomous, follows architecture, keen to details
- Assertive and proactive in communication (comfortable asking questions)
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e. internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.