Senior Web Developer | Hybrid, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP120K
GoTeam is looking for a Senior Web Developer with expertise in identifying and implementing strategies to improve the speed and stability of the company’s search engine and responsible for optimizing the UX/UI of the company’s website to enhance user experience and increase engagement.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth and success of our client’s business. You will work with a passionate and dedicated team, and contribute to creating memorable experiences for those who visit Bali.
In this position, you will be:
- Identifying and implementing strategies to improve the speed and stability of the company’s search engine
- Optimizing the user experience and interface design of the company’s website to increase engagement
- Assisting in the development of custom features for the website
- Creating other web-based apps including a customer login portal, e-commerce add-to-cart system, ticket dressing system, and more.
- Managing the company’s databases, including pulling data and generating reports
- Optimizing and developing the company’s website in a timely manner including back-end maintenance, plugin management, UX, and UI, ensuring its performance and scalability
- Managing the migration of the server from Linode to AWS, ensuring the smooth transition of data and information.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in optimizing large-scale Laravel applications to handle high-volume transactions concurrently, ensuring scalability and stability.
- Skilled in optimizing the security of large-scale Laravel applications, ensuring that they are safe from cyber threats and attacks.
- Experienced in optimizing MySQL/MariaDB to handle large transactions concurrently, ensuring performance and scalability.
- Skilled in setting up Laravel applications to run in Docker and Kubernetes environments, optimizing for horizontal scaling to handle traffic spikes.
- Experienced in the AWS environment, familiar with AWS services and tools, and able to deploy, maintain and optimize Laravel applications in AWS.
- Worked on a custom-built software project that runs concurrently with a massive amount of data and is still operating.
- Experience working in a Digital Marketing team using Google Analytics (preferred), able to pull and analyze data to provide insights and recommendations.
- Basic coding knowledge in PHP, Laravel, jQuery, Bootstrap, Tailwind, CSS, and the Vue framework.
- Effective communication skills, able to collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Good to have UX/UI experience, that is able to optimize the user experience and interface to enhance user engagement and satisfaction.
- Highly experienced in Laravel and PHP
- Highly experienced in optimizing Large Scale Laravel large volumes to handle large-volume transactions concurrently.
- Highly experienced in optimizing security for Large Scale Laravel Applications.
- Experienced in optimizing MySQL / MariaDB to be able to handle huge transactions concurrently
- Experienced in setting up Laravel Apps to run in Docker & Kubernetes environments and optimizing for horizontal scale
- Highly experienced in the AWS environment to get all of the other points up and running
- You have worked on a custom-built software project that runs on a massive amount of data. (concurrently and, most importantly, is still running and operating.)
- Enjoy a flexible work arrangement, a laptop is provided to enable you to work from either home or the office with a dual monitor at both locations.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid (work-from-home and office) arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.