Senior Property Accountant | WFH, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP60K
GoTeam is seeking a highly skilled Senior Property Accountant who will oversee financial records, analyze financial data, and prepare financial statements. As a key member of the team, you’ll collaborate with other team members to ensure accurate and timely reporting, negotiate with vendors, and automate the accounting process. The ideal candidate should possess a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and be a proactive problem solver with a keen eye for detail.
You will assist a highly successful real estate investment firm that has consistently ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing U.S. companies for the past 8 years and manages a portfolio worth US$250 million across multiple states in the U.S. and Spain. Additionally, if you share the company’s values of intellectual curiosity and a commitment to relentless progress, you would be a great fit for the team.
In this position, you will be:
- Ensuring the accuracy of Income Statements and Balance Sheets by examining and analyzing them.
- Analyzing and modifying Financial Reports as Needed
- Organizing and maintaining financial records and preparing financial management reports for Monthly Meetings
- Creating appropriate adjusting journal entries and balancing Inter-company Transactions
- Recording payables and cash disbursements for multiple properties in a timely and accurate manner
- Overseeing bank reconciliations and handling the AppFolio Accounts Receivable Module
- Supporting the processing of Payroll
- Assisting with Employee Onboarding and related HR accounting requirements
- Setting up New Bank Accounts in AppFolio as Needed
- Preparing 1099’s and Assist with Vendor Management
- Doing the general bookkeeping, data, and bill entry into AppFolio software
- Assisting operations team with property management accounting training
- Collaborating with other team members to assure timely, accurate, and consistent reporting across all properties
- Negotiating with vendors to receive appropriate payment terms to increase company profit and avoid unnecessary finance charges
- Automating manual accounting and financial reporting or analysis with accounting software and creating standard operating procedures
- Acting as a liaison for the accounting department to resolve accounts payable disputes
- Completing month-end closing reviews, and procedures, as well as preparing tax returns and assisting with audit preparations.
- Performing work in a general office environment, and expected to render occasional extended hours during peak periods, and evening/weekend hours as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Property Management Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- Positive, friendly attitude with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Highly organized and focused on timeliness, accuracy, and process improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible and responsive with a can-do spirit.
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Quick learner with the ability to figure out new systems and adapt on the go.
- Independent and able to work under less supervision, exercising sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions.
- Proactive problem solver with expert-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourceful team player who can also work effectively independently.
- Compassionate and calm under pressure, with a drive to get things done.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.