Senior Accountant | Hybrid, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP50K
GoTeam is currently seeking a well-qualified Senior Accountant to help the company drive growth in the Finance & Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the month-end close process, preparing and recording daily and monthly entries, reconciling, researching, resolving discrepancies in a timely manner, and assisting with budgeting and financial analysis tasks. The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Controller and work closely with other members of the Finance & Accounting team.
Your client is a specialized semi-trailer solutions provider founded in 1997 in Salt Lake City, Utah. They offer new and used trailer services including sales, leasing, rental, repair and maintenance, and parts from ten dealerships in eight states throughout the West, Southwest, and Midwest. They are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and providing in-house financing options to meet their clients’ diverse needs.
In this position, you will be:
- Preparing and recording daily and monthly entries, reconciling, researching, and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Managing the month-end close process and completing the bulk of the closing entries.
- Actively contributing to the year-end closing (i.e recording Journal Entries & reconciling General Ledgers)
- Responsible for Inventory reconciliation including associated entries.
- Responsible for fixed and working asset reconciliation including associated entries.
- Assisting with budgeting and financial analysis tasks.
- Compiling the bi-monthly commission calculation workbook and generating individual commission reports.
- Working on special projects and performing analysis as needed.
- Managing bank and year-end audits by coordinating with the team, pulling selections, and reviewing workbooks.
- Compiling existing KPIs for month-end closing purposes.
- Protecting the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Performing other admin duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA certification is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and its application in corporate accounting.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience with demonstrated experience in inventory and/or fixed assets.
- Prior exposure to budgeting or financial analysis and the ability to utilize financial data to provide meaningful insights to management.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and constantly changing business environment.
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, with the ability to use technology for communication, data gathering, and reporting activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data, identify trends, and communicate findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to establish, maintain and promote positive and effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in the performance of duties, with the ability to think critically and analyze data to provide solutions to problems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to retain pertinent information.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy a flexible work arrangement with a laptop provided to enable you to work from either at home or office, with a dual monitor on both locations.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent also kick in on Day 1.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid arrangement, should any recurring issues arise, i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work at the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.