Senior Accountant (with QuickBooks Experience) | WFH, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP50K
GoTeam is currently seeking a Senior Accountant (with QuickBooks Experience) who will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and ensuring compliance with legal and company guidelines. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, dedicated, and eager to grow with the company, and will be tasked with general accounting, financial reporting, and tax compliance.
Our client is a family organization that has been involved in real estate development, construction, and the food and beverage industries since 1999, and has established a presence in major markets throughout northern California and northwest Nevada. They are a continuously growing organization comprised of diverse and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence.
In this position, you will be:
- Maintaining Accounts receivable and issuing invoices
- Performing Accounts payable tasks and reconciliations
- Assisting in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Processing bi-weekly Payroll with a third-party payroll processing company
- Updating financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Preparing and submitting weekly/monthly reports
- Filing any necessary Monthly/Quarterly taxes – Federal/State/County
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded. Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries
- Preparing monthly/yearly closings
- Assisting with other accounting projects
- Reconciling general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Providing financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects
- Maintaining general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortization prepaid; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals
- Securing financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must be proficient in using QuickBooks
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in accounting and finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact professionally with management and vendors
- The candidate must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with others.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.