Property Accountant | Remote, Night Shift | Up to PHP 30K
GoTeam is seeking a competent Property Accountant who is responsible for performing accounting-related functions, preferably with a specialization in the real estate or property management industry.
The client is a real estate private equity firm with a proven track record in sponsoring and supporting a series of successful real estate investment Funds and private REITs. Over its 32‐year history, it has acquired over $2.5 Billion of U.S.‐based industrial real estate assets occupied by middle‐market companies through the 15 Funds it has sponsored. The client maintains deep relationships with high net‐worth private investors who provide a proprietary flow of equity capital and has strong relationships with
In this position, you will be:
- Recording all monthly tenant charges and cash receipts
- Maintaining property & fund financials including bank reconciliations, recurring journal entries, management fees, intercompany transactions, and month-end close journal entries.
- Recording special transactions related to acquisitions, dispositions, refinances, and debt placement.
- Coordinating payments for loan interest and derivative statements.
- Preparing year-end consolidated financials for 3rd party auditors and providing supplemental schedules as needed.
- Preparing year-end financials for 3rd party tax preparers and providing supplemental schedules as needed.
- Managing and corresponding to tax payments due throughout the year related to state income and sales tax.
- Preparing periodic balance sheet reconciliations.
Some nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Knowledge in Real Estate, Private Equity, or Fund accounting preferred
- Proficient in real estate‐based accounting systems such as Yardi, Sage, or MRI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Applications, specifically Excel
- A positive collaborative attitude demonstrates a willingness to learn, organized, and dependable
- Strong attention to detail with creative problem‐solving skills
- Exceptional communication and time‐management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and implement changes in a professional manner
- Ability to think critically to develop solutions to issues
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- One year of accounting or finance experience
- Experience with Yardi is preferred (any similar software would do)
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e. internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.