Project Estimator | Hybrid, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP50K
GoTeam is looking for a Project Estimator who will work closely with development, operations, and construction staff in reviewing project plans, requirements, and specifications. The individual will be responsible for providing conceptual estimates and hard-bid pricing, soliciting bids from subcontractors and suppliers, preparing cost estimates for proposals and bids, and coordinating the review of design documents during all design phases. The Estimator must have extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs, and engineering principles to ensure project success.
Your client is a leading mixed-use developer that focuses on building Class A, urban, multi-family residential properties. Their expertise lies in creating vibrant, walkable communities that offer a range of amenities and conveniences. With a commitment to sustainable design and responsible development practices, the company is dedicated to creating high-quality living spaces that enhance the lives of its residents.
In this position, you will be:
- Conducting complete takeoffs using Plan Swift for all drawing levels, including SD, DD, and GMP.
- Reviewing plans through Bluebeam Revu sessions for all design disciplines and drawing levels.
- Preparing projects for bidding, including document preparation, Procore Bidding setup, ITB (Invitation to Bid) distribution, and calling all subs/suppliers on the bidders list to ensure adequate bids are obtained.
- Receiving and filing bids, reviewing them for accuracy and completeness, requesting bid revisions when necessary, and logging bids in the bid tabulation spreadsheet.
- Soliciting bids and estimates from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Preparing cost estimates for proposals and bids.
- Coordinating, reviewing, and providing comments on design documents throughout all design phases for in-house or 3rd party projects.
- Evaluating costs and reviewing plans for pre-construction proposals and projects.
- Preparing project scopes and reviewing project and subcontractor scopes as necessary.
- Estimating all phases of construction, including site work through electrical, as required.
- Preparing all necessary front-end documentation for projects and outlining specifications and proposals for pre-construction projects.
- Reviewing statistical information of both estimates and actual costs on a regular and consistent basis as a check on current estimates.
- Responding to subcontractors/suppliers’ phone calls and emails regarding bidding projects and questions about bidding.
- Inputting takeoff data into the estimating template spreadsheet.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in multifamily construction, with a Bachelor’s Degree in a construction-related field preferred
- Strong architectural knowledge preferred to effectively coordinate with designers, architects, and engineers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) to facilitate communication and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multitask and work independently on a variety of projects while meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with the Owner’s requirements, contracts, work scopes, purchase orders, and OSHA construction safety standards to ensure compliance and project success
- Strong knowledge of the company’s services and processes, which can be obtained through intellectual curiosity, technical aptitude, and a commitment to learning and growth.
- Ability to provide objective coaching to employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues, promoting a positive work environment and supporting team development.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing, and interpreting financial reports, business, professional, and technical documents
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from customers and staff, and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to create presentations, articles, routine reports, proposals, and correspondence
- Strong quantitative skills, including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages, to ensure accurate project cost estimation and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Skilled in prioritizing tasks and tactfully negotiating priorities with end-users to ensure project timelines and deadlines are met
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours as needed to ensure project success and meet business objectives.
The ideal candidate should be able to work in the office for the first 90 days and subsequently transition to a hybrid work arrangement, consisting of 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
- Enjoy a flexible work arrangement with a laptop provided to enable you to work from either home or the office, with a dual monitor on both locations.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid arrangement, should any recurring issues arise, i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work at the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.