Medical Data Entry Specialist | Office-Based, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP25K
GoTeam is seeking a competent Medical Data Entry Specialist. This role is responsible for accurately documenting the severity and symptoms of a veteran’s service-connected disabilities by completing a preliminary draft of the VA’s public medical evidence templates.
The client is passionate about taking care of veterans and is dedicated to ensuring that each veteran we work with receives the disability examination that they deserve. Our number one priority is delivering quality service. Our entire staff is highly trained and fully dedicated to serving those who served.
In this position, you will be:
- Accurately transcribing information from a veteran’s basic medical questionnaire onto the official DBQ form in a timely manner. Paraphrase veterans’ descriptions and draft written content from the perspective of a provider.
- Reviewing and understanding the VA’s Rating Schedule to determine disability rating requirements and what rating criteria veterans’ conditions align with.
- Determining the projected ratings for each DBQ using the Rating Schedule.
- Meeting or exceeding the goal of generating quality content at a consistent, productive pace after training.
- Working independently on a day-to-day basis with support from a remote team.
- Checking accurately maintains a daily productivity log.
- Communicating clearly, professionally, and effectively with veterans and staff.
- Executing effectively written or verbal instructions.
Some nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Administrative experience in the medical field may be helpful (i.e., scribe work, transcription, medical record maintenance, etc.). (nice to have but not required)
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail (85%)
- Self-motivated: the ability to self-teach using written and video guides as references
- Highly organized and confident in time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Comfortable navigating and utilizing multiple computer programs simultaneously (i.e. a CRM, Monday.com, Adobe Reader, Outlook, and cloud-based file-sharing systems). Basic system training will be provided.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to type 50+ words per minute.
- Adept in downloading/uploading programs, files, and technology-based systems.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat and manipulating PDF form field formatting preferred.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/