Jr. Quantity Surveyor | Hybrid, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP40K
GoTeam is seeking for a competent Jr. Quantity Surveyor who will be responsible for reporting to the Project Manager and assisting in administrative tasks in relation to the management and procurement of the project for one of our clients in the construction industry.
The client leads a team of construction management experts in Australia that delivers complex projects at the highest standard. They specialize in commercial interiors, base building upgrades, refurbishments, and new buildings.
In this position, you will be:
- Preparing the minutes of the meeting
- Creating a Bid Evaluation for the Project Manager to review and approve
- Drafting Scopes of work with relevant drawings, specifications and supporting documents attached for the Project Manager review and approval
- Populating a Dilapidation report template with provided descriptions and photos
- Issuing Requests for Quotations to contractors and suppliers
- Following-up and keeping communication with suppliers in accordance with the Procurement schedule.
- Creating Comparison tables for all Scopes of Work packages and populate as prices are due back in Procurement Schedule for the Project Manager review.
- Ensuring all Trade quotes are comprehensively reviewed and noted in Comparison tables for any discrepancies.
- Pushing suppliers to revise pricing to be in accordance with the scope of work
- Regular Procurement meetings with the Project Manager, highlighting timing and progress against Bid Evaluation and Procurement Schedule
- Following up with contractors and suppliers for quotations and shop drawings
- Preparing the Purchase orders and variations to contractors and suppliers with provided descriptions and amounts
- Assessing the contractors’ invoices against Purchase orders and entering into the system
- Populating the Hand Over manual with contractors’ certificates and warranties, as instructed by the Contract Administrator.
- Saving contractor’s quotations, drawings, and certificates in the designated folders
- Updating Drawings Transmittal Register
- Reporting any concerns to the Project Manager
Some nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Construction field in an Administrative or Project Management Assistant Role
- Must have experience in Quantity Surveying
- Comprehensive understanding of Construction keywords and terminologies
- Advanced computer literacy, in particular, task and database management
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 Suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/