Financial Analyst | Full-Remote, Early-Shift | Up to PHP80K
GoTeam is looking for a Financial Analyst Experience to join the team. As a Financial Analyst with expertise in Planful/Host Analytics, you will play a critical role in supporting the company’s financial operations by preparing and recording daily and monthly entries, managing the month-end close process, and reconciling discrepancies in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for developing new planning templates, managing user security and dimension hierarchies, and becoming an expert in modeling capabilities to build out forecasts and cash flow models.
Your client is a specialized semi-trailer solutions provider founded in 1997 in Salt Lake City, Utah. They offer new and used trailer services including sales, leasing, rental, repair and maintenance, and parts from ten dealerships in eight states throughout the West, Southwest, and Midwest. They are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and providing in-house financing options to meet their client’s diverse needs.
In this position, you will be:
- Preparing and recording daily and monthly entries, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Reconciling, researching, and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner to maintain accurate financial statements.
- Managing the month-end closing process, including completing the bulk of the closing entries, and ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Actively contributing to the year-end closing process by recording journal entries and reconciling the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of financial statements.
- Managing inventory reconciliation, including associated entries, to ensure accurate accounting and reporting of inventory balances.
- Managing fixed and working asset reconciliation, including associated entries, to ensure accurate accounting and reporting of asset balances.
- Assisting with month-end consolidation review and reporting, including ensuring that intercompany transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Developing new planning templates and reports to facilitate business performance management, including building and updating financial models to support forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Managing user security and dimension hierarchies, ensuring that users have appropriate access to the system and data is properly organized.
- Becoming an expert on modeling capabilities of Planful to build out forecasts and cash flow models, providing valuable insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Assisting with additional automation and developing data collection processes and structure for operational data, improving efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Providing support and training for the Planful user base, including troubleshooting issues and answering questions to ensure effective use of the system.
- Reviewing balance sheets and income statements for accuracy, identifying and correcting errors to ensure financial statements are correct.
- Creating and maintaining financial reports, dashboards, models, and templates for management, investors, and the board, providing valuable insights to support decision-making.
- Performing system administration tasks, including system maintenance, upgrades, and user access management.
- Building reports to support financial reporting and analysis, ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent with minimum of one year of accounting experience.
- Must at least have a working knowledge in any of these softwares: Planful, Host Analytics, Oracle Hyperion Planning, Smartview (Excel), or SAP BPC, Cognos Planning TM1, IBM Planning Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with budgeting or financial analysis.
- Prior experience in inventory and/or fixed assets.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and expert-level Excel skills including pivot tables, H & V-Lookup, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interpret data, solve problems, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Capability to establish, maintain, and promote positive and effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to bring solutions to a problem.
- Independent critical thinking and data validation skills are mandatory.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to retain pertinent information.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, recognize and set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task using multiple systems (automated and manual) while monitoring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment.
- An organized self-starter that works well in a team environment.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up to date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.