Electrical Estimator | Hybrid, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP40K
GoTeam is seeking for a competent Electrical Estimator who will be responsible for reviewing and understanding narratives, plans, and specifications to ensure alignment between pricing and the scope of work to document in the system accordingly for one of our clients in the construction industry.
The client is a U.S. construction business that provides electrical services and smart technologies for both residential and large-scale commercial projects. With customer service as its top priority, this business was among the 2020 EY Entrepreneur of the Year awards winners.
In this position, you will be:
- Understanding construction plans and customer additions for subsequent system documentation
- Reviewing and understanding narratives, plans, and specifications to ensure alignment between pricing and the scope of work, and document these in the system
- Breaking down plans into various electrical sub-packages and source design data from databases and/or existing designs
- Modifying sections of drawings and ensuring compliance with city standards
- Calculating the cost of electrical construction by reviewing and evaluating available documents
- Leading the electrical portion of estimates and ensuring that scopes are coordinated and completed in the system
- Developing conceptual estimates based on limited information at all phases of the project design progression
- Participating in the development and review of design alternatives, cost options, and value engineering
- Managing unit and development cost estimations and helping determine affordable and reliable material sources
- Identifying labor, material, and time requirements based on drawings and the client’s proposal
- Collating material prices and lists of suppliers and rates
- Reviewing and updating materials and cost databases periodically to ensure these reflect changing material or labor costs
- Requesting material and equipment quotes from vendors while maintaining a positive relationship with them
- Developing and managing the electrical pricing bid strategy, breakouts, and work packages
- Explaining electrical pricing and costs to clients and engineers
Some nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or any related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in electrical estimating
- Familiarity with building codes, construction processes, building materials. and engineering drawings
- Preferably with experience in computer-based drawing tools and platforms such as: NetSuite, Box, MS Office (intermediate excel skills), Bluebeam
- Good ability to handle and analyze difficult issues and find appropriate resolutions
- Effective written and oral English communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with the team from the US
- Ability to multitask, set and rethink priorities (as needed) to meet company needs
- Good grasp of mathematics, calculations, and numbers
- Detail-oriented and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic with a focus on team success
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid (home and office) arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e. internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.