Corporate Tax Analyst | Remote, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP30K
GoTeam is seeking a competent Corporate Tax Analyst. We are looking for a passionate and professional Tax Analyst to come and grow with our team. As a tax generalist, you will support our sales and corporate income tax reporting, compliance processes, and other related tax matters. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic enterprise and contribute and learn about many areas of tax.
Your client is a Texas-based business that provides human capital management software and services to more than 60,000 small and medium businesses. They offer a range of services, including time and attendance tracking and payroll and tax processing, all the way to a fully outsourced HR department.
In this position, you will be:
- Assisting in federal and state tax compliance and reporting.
- Engaging in sales and use tax compliance and reporting.
- Collaborating with other business groups to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure proper indirect tax obligations are addressed
- Helping in preparing quarterly tax provisions.
- Assisting in SOX tax documentation and controls.
- Preparing monthly tax account reconciliations.
- Assisting customers, vendors, and co-workers in sales tax-related matters.
- Conducting tax research and analysis.
- Actively engaging in day-to-day activities to facilitate change for the better.
- Working as an integral part of the tax team to assist with the overall duties to accomplish the goals of the team.
Some nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or MS in Taxation or working toward it is preferred.
- 2+ years of corporate income tax and/or sales and use tax experience.
- Possess knowledge of basic indirect tax rules, regulations, and concepts with the ability to apply rules and concepts to the various compliance processes.
- Excellent researcher and problem-solver, able to analyze, compare, evaluate, and reconcile tax data and learn from it.
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and handle multiple and shifting priorities.
- Inventive and have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Software, technology, manufacturing, retail, or distribution industry experience is a plus
- Experience with Avalara is a plus
- Multi-state tax experience is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Organized and detailed oriented, with high integrity
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within a restrictive due date delivery timeframe.
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
- Strong team player, willing to assist where needed.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e. internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.