Architectural Estimator │ Hybrid, Day Shift Job │ Up to Php35K
GoTeam is seeking a competent Architectural Estimator, who will be responsible for reviewing proposal specifications and preliminary drawings to determine the scope of work and determine the number of materials required for the project (takeoff process), and any other factors that may impact the overall cost.
Your client designs and builds houses that honor the homeowner’s individuality, match their family’s needs, and enhance the quality of their lives. Based in the Australian state of Victoria, they have been in business since 2009. They’re committed to ensuring that each dream home they design, build, and deliver is truly unique.
In this position, you will be:
- Completing full quantity take-off of all labor, equipment, and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure the accuracy of pricing
- Preparing bids, selecting vendors and/or subcontractors, and determining the cost-effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Reviewing the list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Monitoring client changes and advising the Estimating Team of all changes in scope during the estimated period
- Implementing estimating best practices and procedures to ensure consistency in estimating deliverables to projects
- Completing final cost estimates of projects through the use of software systems
- Comparing bid drawings to construction drawings to price out any changes
- Budgeting equipment/material/labor costs for projects
Skills and Experience:
- Has the ability to complete set tasks autonomously using project management software like Trello & Buildertrend.
- More than three years of working in the construction industry in project management and a good understanding of how to read construction drawings and interpret Architectural plans.
- Can review quotes from suppliers and check them for accuracy
- Use software like Planswift (not required) to take off quantities from drawings and obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Have excellent communication skills and are great and solving problems.
- More than 3 years of experience (non-negotiable)
- Able to read and interpret plans (non-negotiable)
- With an Architectural degree
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid (work-from-home and office) arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.