Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Specialist | Hybrid, Day Shift Job | Up to PHP30K
GoTeam is seeking an Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Specialist who will be responsible for managing the full cycle of accounts payable and receivable transactions. You will work closely with other team members to ensure the accuracy of all financial transactions and to maintain accounting records. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and excellent communication and organizational skills.
The client is a Brisbane-based company that specializes in developing office parks. They have developed 9 office parks and over 100,000 square meters of high-quality office space in the region over the last 20 years, including brownfield redevelopment projects, industrial projects, health-related assets, and high-rise development in Brisbane’s inner-city fringe. Their focus is on delivering sustainable and innovative developments that meet the needs of modern businesses.
In this position, you will be:
- Processing and recording accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Managing the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including coding invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system.
- Processing employee expense reports, including verification of receipts and coding.
- Responsible for monthly accounts payable journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Processing cash receipts and accounts receivable maintenance transactions.
- Reviewing accounting and financial records to provide clients, customers, and patients with accurate billing information.
- Analyzing processes, recommending improvements, and managing all internal controls on documents.
- Keeping track of all payments made to the company and notifying managers and supervisors if payments are missed or an error occurs.
- Updating and maintaining customer accounts.
- Assisting the team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation.
- Investigating and resolving problems associated with processing invoices and purchase orders.
- Receiving, researching, and resolving a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Assisting in ad hoc projects as needed.
- Preparing reports for reconciliation and ledger accounts and submitting them to the accounts manager.
- Providing training to subordinates and analyzing all key metrics and preparing appropriate documents for same.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 1-4 years of experience in accounts payable and receivable.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Proficiency in Xero, Microsoft Office (especially intermediate Excel skills), and QuickBooks is helpful but not required.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze difficult issues and find appropriate solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet company needs.
- Good numerical skills, with a solid understanding of mathematics, calculations, and numbers.
- Detail-oriented, with a focus on being meticulous and having attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, with a focus on team success.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous learning.
- Displays the values of Care, Drive, Humility, Discover, and Gratitude in their work.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer-focused, with a commitment to building and maintaining customer satisfaction with the organization’s services.
- Enjoy a flexible work arrangement, a laptop is provided to enable you to work from either home or the office with a dual monitor at both locations.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a hybrid (work-from-home and office) arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.