AP Accountant (Utilities) | Full-Remote, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP40,000
GoTeam is looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant (Utilities) who will be responsible for managing utility accounts and assisting with various accounts payable functions. This includes processing payments, reconciling accounts, and cross-training various AP tasks. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of accounting principles and practices, utility billing systems and processes, and relevant payment processing systems and software. The candidate should have strong communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
You will be working with a property management company based on the West Coast of the United States that caters to the corporate and residential housing requirements of communities across over 30 cities. The company enables its clients to pursue their opportunities, interests, relationships, and family wherever they may take them by providing flexible housing solutions.
In this position, you will be:
- Assisting with utility account management
- Maintaining accurate records and managing documentation related to utility accounts
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and policies related to utility accounts
- Communicating and working with utility companies and internal stakeholders
- Process and record various payments
- Ensuring accuracy in recording payments and working efficiently under tight deadlines
- Familiarizing oneself with relevant payment processing systems and software
- Managing Reconciliations
- Identifying discrepancies and resolving issues related to reconciliations
- Utilizing Excel and other relevant software to perform reconciliations
- Collaborating with the team to complete month-end close processes
- Assisting with various AP tasks
- Maintaining accurate records and managing documentation related to AP functions
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with internal stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in accounts payable, accounting, or finance.
- Proficiency in any Accounting ERP System and tech-savviness in Google Suite
- Strong background in utility account management and related software
- Proficiency in billing systems and regulations and policies is highly preferred
- Experience working with US accounts is preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with reconciliations for month-end close auditing, financial reporting principles
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and familiarity with various payment processing systems.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and strong organizational skills.
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up to date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.