Accounting Specialist | Remote, Night Shift Job | Up to PHP55K
GoTeam is seeking a competent Accounting Specialist. This individual will work collaboratively with all departments, project managers, vendors, and trade partners to ensure appropriate payment and billing, and respond to internal and external inquiries.
Your client’s mission is to shape the future of technology infrastructure solutions by creating unparalleled value and opportunity for our customers, employees, and community. They recognize their PEOPLE as their greatest asset, ensuring that their Safety is our number one priority.
In this position, you will be:
- Invoicing entry into the accounting system and verifying rates/quantities, and receipts match the Purchase Order
- Ensuring proper coding and approvals prior to G/L posting
- Assisting with check requests and verifying expense reports have the appropriate approval(s) and per diems
- Performing check runs; creating invoice packets with proof of payment for filing
- Researching prior/past due balances noted on invoices to determine if prior balances have been paid. Actively review aging reports for accuracy.
- Serving as a point of contact with appropriate vendors and other parties; ensuring documentation is obtained and processed through normal review/approval processes to ensure outstanding balances are resolved appropriately and timely
- Set up new vendors in the software system and maintain all accounts payable files
- Monitoring Accounts Payable e-mail inquiries; follow up within 24 hours
- Researching and resolving accounts payable discrepancies, questions, and issues to ensure prompt and appropriate payment to vendors/subcontractors
- Requesting and filing W-9s; issuing 1099s annually to all required vendors
- Assisting in the implementation of new processes to streamline the payable cycle
- Handling Ad hoc reporting as needed
- Posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posting revenues by verifying and entering transactions from local deposits.
- Updating receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintaining records by scanning invoices.
- Verifying the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and customers.
- Resolving collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, and credit lines.
- Summarizing receivables by maintaining invoice accounts.
- Protecting the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishing Accounting and Company mission by completing related tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Experience using ERP software (Acumatica experience preferred)
- Knowledgeable with Sales & Use Tax Laws pertaining to Construction including transactions, reporting, and compliance
- Knowledgeable of AP operations and General Accounting
- Proficient with MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, and Office365
- Excellent customer service skills and office etiquette
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other related field OR 3+ years of experience
- Experience using accounting software
- Strong attention to fine details with a high volume of data entry
- Ability to work independently after a proper training period
- Ability to multitask while maintaining error-free work
- Ability to remain flexible while meeting deadlines
- Willingness to learn and grow alongside Company growth
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per week as needed to support project operations
- Experience with AIA pay applications a plus
- Construction industry experience
- Strong understanding and background in project costing requirements
- Experience using Acumatica or other construction accounting software
- Experience managing, processing, and reviewing construction contracts
- Knowledge of setting up jobs in accounting software, including data entry for budgets and change orders, and certified payroll setup
- Dual-monitor PC setup or laptop for your home.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Training
- Your copy of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and “Little Black Book for Stunning Success”
- Exceed Institute – Training and tools to help you navigate life and build a rich and connected family life.
- HMO coverage from start date for you and one dependent, for free. With P200K coverage, private room, and P10K reimbursement for medications. You may enroll up to 4 additional dependents.
- 24/7 access to counselling support for mental health. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will help you thrive amid parenting challenges, stress, or relationship issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations, also as part of the EAP.
- P1,000,000 Life Insurance coverage
- 10 days leave (Year 1), rising to 15 days leave after Year 1
- Welcome gift on your first day
- Monthly Discover You lunch (CEO presentation, leadership training, Values Awards)
- Monthly gratitude celebrations & Prizes (Trivia, Talent Night, Personal Development, Acoustic Nights)
- Welcome Tea with the CEO and work anniversary celebrations
- P10K referral bonus, plus a chance to win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia
- Free coffee for our office-based team
Your Family’s Benefits (Yes, that’s right, we care about your family):
- 24/7 access to confidential counselling support for mental health for 4 family members. Our Employee’s Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will help your loved ones thrive amid personal issues.
- Free legal advice and financial consultations for 4 family members, also as part of the EFAP.
- Free Telemedicine for 4 family members
- Personal invites for your family members to our monthly virtual events (and yes, they can win prizes, too)
- Project Next Generation – Online schooling support for your children, nieces, nephews, and cousins
- P10K referral bonus for your family members
In 2014, our CTO and Founder Matt Kesby starts Go-Virtual Assistants (GO-VA) with one full-time member. The following year, CEO Fiona Kesby moves to Cebu to be onsite as the company scales. She emphasizes that the best way to attract talent is to take exceptional care of them.
In 8 years, GoTeam has grown its client base to business owners from Australia, the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, among others. Working with highly skilled and motivated team members in GoTeam gives these businesses all the benefits of outsourcing and offshoring, without any of the complications and additional costs of starting their own office locally.
The warmth and welcoming culture of GoTeam starts from Day 1, with our Chief Happiness Officers providing each new team member with a Welcome Kit. HMO Coverage for yourself and 1 dependent kick in on Day 1 as well.
Among GoTeam’s core values are Discovery and Humility. (The overarching one is Care.) Fiona sets an example of leading by these values by consistently encouraging team members to read and discover new skills, industry best practices, and advice for leadership, self-care, and growth.
Monthly “Discover You” events are being held to ensure that the entire company is up-to-date with current developments, celebrate wins from the previous month, and acknowledge those team members who have made an impact in their clients’ businesses and exceed expectations as well.
At GoTeam, no team member is left behind. Everyone is heard and made to feel that they truly belong.
Learn more about Our Culture here: https://go.team/ph/our-culture/
IMPORTANT: While this is a work-from-home arrangement, if any recurring issues arise i.e., internet connectivity, power supply issues, background noise, and alike, you shall be requested to work in the nearest GoTeam office or accredited establishments.